Destinations Covered: Kathmandu - Nepalgunj - Simikot - Hilsa - Mansarovar - Yama Dwar - Deraphuk - Zuthulphuk - Purang / Taklakot
Kathmandu 2 nights, Nepalgunj 1 night, Simikot 2 nights, Taklakot 2 nights, Mansarovar 1 night, Deraphuk 1 night, Zuthulphuk 1 night
Your arrival in Kathmandu. Our representative will meet you & greet you at the airport, then transfer to hotel. Check into the hotel following with welcome drinks. Afternoon; at leisure on your own. Evening, tour orientation program.
- Overnight hotel.
Morning after breakfast, you will set off for sightseeing tour. You will visit Pashupatinath temple (the most sacred temple of Hindus), Mata Guheswari temple & Budhanilkantha temple (Shesh Shaiya Vishnu, also known as sleeping Vishnu).
After finishing the tour, you will return to the hotel. Lunch will be served between 12 Noon to 1 p.m. After lunch, you will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight to Nepalgunj. Nepalgunj, situated south-west from Kathmandu, is the gateway to far Western mountain regions of Nepal. The duration of flight is about an hour. Our representative will meet you at Nepalgunj airport then transfer to hotel. Evening, you will have leisure time on your own.
- Overnight hotel Siddhartha Cottage.
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight: 1 hour.
Early morning, at 5.00 a.m., transfer to Nepalgunj airport for your flight to Simikot. The flight between Nepalgunj and Simikot takes about an hour. The air route to Simikot passes over the remote mountain region of Nepal where whether often gets cloudy and notorious. Generally, the weather in the mountain area, in the morning, is calm and clear. This is the reason why we should fly to Simikot early morning.
Simikot is situated at an altitude of 2910 m., this is an ideal place to make a night halt for acclimatization motive. Simikot has a STOL airport (Short Take Off and Landing) where only small aircraft can go. The aircraft, we fly from Nepalgunj, can carry only 15 people at a time.
We stay overnight in Simikot for acclimatization.
- Overnight Sunvalley Resort or Nepal Trust Guesthouse (dormitory room & common bath room).
- Nepalgunj to Simikot flight: 1 hour.
- Aircraft type: Dronier or Twin otter
- Carrying capacity: Only 16 people at a time.
- Elevation of Simikot: 2910 m | 9545 fts.
- Expected temperature: Day time:- 18 to 25 Degree Celsius | Night time:- 4 to -2 Degree Celsius.
- Climatic condition: Generally cloudy & rainy
Early morning, after breakfast, you will pack up our baggage then trek down to the airport and board on the helicopter. The helicopter flight from Simikot to Hilsa takes about 25 minutes (one way) only. The flight route passes through deep Karnali River-gorge and narrow remote valleys, where weather normally turns windy & cloudy from late morning onward. So, we try to operate more shuttle flights early in the morning and bring all group members to Hilsa.
We operate Euro copter (B3) that can carry only 5 persons + 10 kg luggage at a time. Since, helicopter has limited capacity to carry, we request you not to carry any unnecessary stuff. We use two helicopters at a time, so we can airlift our group members to Hilsa as soon as possible.
After all group members shifted to Hilsa by helicopter, you will cross the border then drive to Taklakot (Purang). As per the visa rule of the Chinese government, all group members should enter together and exit together. So, until and unless all members do not come to Hilsa, no one can cross the border.
The drive from Hilsa to Taklakot takes about 45 minutes. The driving distance is about 27 k.m.
- Simikot to Hilsa: by helicopter
- Flight duration: 25 minutes
- Carrying capacity: 5 persons + 10 kg baggage each.
- Hilsa to Chinese immigration (Sher): only 10 minutes walk.
- Sher to Taklakot: 27 km | 45 minutes drive by Bus.
- Elevation of Taklakot: 4025 m. | 13202 fts.
- Expected temperature: Day time:- 22 to 28 Degree Celsius | Night time:- up to -3 Degree Celsius.
- General climatic condition: mild windy
As usual, after having morning meal, we pack our belongings, then board on the vehicle and be ready to move towards Lake mansarovar. Right from the begining, the highway commences making gradual ascend. The road still keeps ascending up to the high pass, that lies before Rakshas lake. The lake 'Rakshas' represents the devil force. This is where Ravana, 'the mighty King of Lanka', had performed a penance to lord Shiva for 5000 years. We will take a brief halt at the shore of lake Rakshash, soak in views and take pictures; then continue our journey towards lake mansarovar.
We check in to the Guesthouse of lake mansarovar (Chiugompa) then walk to the lakeshore for having sacred dip and performing pooja. After pooja, we will have afternoon meal; board on the vehicle then set off for circumambulation around the lake. The entire circumference of the lake is presumably 82 km, and it demands a minimum two hours to accomplish this part of the journey.
- Overnight guesthouse.
- Taklakot to Lake Mansarovar: 88 km | one & half hour.
- Elevation of Lake Mansarovar: 4550 m. | 14,925 fts
- Expected temperature: day time:- 22 to 32 degree Celsius | night time:- -3 to -4 degree.
- Climatic condition: windy.
Today is the highlighted day of our journey. The most exciting part, sacred circumambulation around Kailash, commences today from Yama Dwara. Morning, after breakfast, we depart from lake strand to Yama Dwara (also called 'Tarboche' in Tibetan) that demands approximately one & half hour to reach there. We should make a brief halt in Darchen because some travel documents obtained from local Police and Army officials as well as we have to make group entry in the region. From Darchen, it is another half an hour to reach Yama Dwara.
Our Yaks, porters and horses are waiting here for us. Those who are making circumambulation around Kailash on feet can instantly proceed for Deraphuk; rest of members can commence their journey after taking their horse/s and porter/s. The Total walk to Deraphuk is for 4 to 5 hours but the timing depends on your own pace. The route is quite easy, flat but mild ascend. Due to its extreme elevation, we feel tired while walking and need to have break very frequently.
- Overnight at Shisapanga Guesthouse.
- Lake Mansarovar to Yama Dwara: 45 km | 1 & half hour drive.
- Yama Dwar- Dhriraphuk: 10 km | 5 - 6 hour trek.
- Elevation of Dhriraphuk: 4920 m. | 16,138 fts
- Expected temperature: day time:-12 to 18 degree Celsius | night time: -5 to -8 degree.
- Average climatic condition: windy and partly cloudy & rainy.
Today you have to cross a significant distance through the rugged portion of the trail around the mount Kailash before reaching Zuthulphuk. You have to commence your journey from Deraphuk very early in the morning. Right from the initial moment, the trail commences leading you rapidly up, however in between it turns into flat with gentle ascend. Up to Dolma-La (5600 m.), the path keeps you taking up & up. Dolma La is the highest bit of this journey. From here onward, the trail leads you all the way down to the valley floor. This particular portion of the trek is a rapid incline and the track is full of boulders and screes, so one should pay continue attention while trekking down.
While descending from Dolma La, we will pass alongside a small glacial pool, which is almost frozen during May through September. This is Gaurikunda. The legend of this pool is connected with Mata Parvati, the consorts of lord Shiva.
Once we make descend journey to the valley floor, the trail becomes flat & easy. The trail is easy and flat up to the Zuthulphuk.
- Overnight Norpel Guesthouse or Monastery guesthouse (Mud house) – dormitory.
- Dhiraphuk to Zuthulphuk: 21 km | 8 - 9 hours trek.
- The highest point to cross over: Dolma La pass (5600 m. | 18,368 fts)
- Elevation of Zuthulphuk: 4820 m. | 15,810 fts.
- Expected temperature: 14 to 22 degree Celsius | night time: -3 to -5 degree.
- Average climatic condition: windy
Undoubtedly, today is the most hectic day of your journey. You, yet to go for another 08 km walk to accomplish the circumambulation; then drive all the way to Hilsa. As usual after morning meals, you will pack up your belongings then be ready to move on to Darchen. It requires presumably 3 hours to reach the other end of the trail where our vehicle is waiting to fetch you up. After getting-together of all members, you will board on vehicle and proceed for Taklakot.
- Overnight Purang Guesthouse
- Zuthulphuk to trek ending point: 08 km | 3 hours.
- Trek ending point to Taklakot: 105 km | 2 hours.
It takes 45 minutes to reach Hilsa, where you have to go through the immigration formalities. From Taklakot, a military person will accompany the group to escort towards Hilsa. After having luggage checked and going through some formalities again in the boarder, you will cross over the suspension bridge of Karnali river, then enter into the territory of Nepal then fly to Simikot.
- Overnight Hotel Sunvalley Resort
- Taklakot to Hilsa boarder: 27 km | 45 minutes.
- Hilsa to Simikot flight by Helicopter- 25 minutes.
Early morning fly to Nepalgunj by aircraft then continue fly or drive to Kathmandu.
It is time to say Good bye!!! You will be transferred to Tribhuvan International airport for your flight back home. As per the international flight regulation; your presence at the airport check in counter should be three hours prior to the departure time. We will arrange vehicle accordingly!!! Have a pleasant journey back home!!!
Copyrights © 2017 CareMyTrip.COM. All Rights Reserved